This guide is primarily aimed at a user with no knowledge of Geographical Information Systems, someone without extensive computer skills but who wants to use computer mapping.
This guide is especially written for UK users wanting to use Ordnance Survey data, especially OS MasterMap.
The guide may also be of use to provide alternate descriptions of features to supplement the standard QGIS User Documentation.
The following tutorials should quickly get you mapping:
- GIS for Beginners - if you have never used GIS, this is a very basic introduction.
- Installing QGIS - this shows how to download and install QGIS.
- QGIS Setup - personalise QGIS for use in the UK with Ordnance Survey maps and co-ordinate reference system.
- New Project - start a new project.
- Get Your Maps - get free Ordnance Survey maps and display them in QGIS.
- Add a Map - add a basic raster image showing the whole of the UK.
- Add Some Grids - Ordnance Survey have various standard grids to help find your way around the country and also know which parts you may wish to download.
If you have finished these, then you are ready share your work.