You can find more information on the Public Sector Mapping Agreement at the Ordnance Survey website. These maps are available for download by PSMA members.
The range of maps available are:
- MasterMap Topography (vector). This provides a highly detailed view of Great Britain's landscape including individual buildings, roads and areas of land. It is often used at scales of 1:1,000 to 1:10,000.
- MasterMap Integrated Transport Layer (vector). This maps the road network from motorways down to pedestrian streets, but not other routes such as Rights of Way or Public Footpaths. While some of the information is useful for simple GIS, many of the features (e.g. mandatory and banned turns) are more appropriate to route planning systems.
- VectorMap Local (vector). This isn’t as detailed as the MasterMap Topography layer and is typically used for scales in the range 1:3,000 to 1:20,000.
- 1:10,000 Scale (raster). This product is only planned to be available until 31st March 2013. both colour and B & W versions are available.
- 1:25,000 Scale Colour (raster)
- 1:50,000 Scale Colour (raster)
- Code-Point (CSV). It provides a precise geographical location for each postcode unit in the United Kingdom. It also contains additional information such as PO boxes and the total number of addresses, both domestic and non-domestic, in each postcode unit.
- Code-Point with polygons (vector). This contains postcode boundaries for Great Britain.
The following are detailed addressing products. Generally they are better suited to database types of applications as it is difficult to show much of their information on a single GIS layer.